On Saturday, March 10, Marist High School will administer a qualification exam to current seventh graders who are interested in participating in the school's Marist Math program as eighth graders.
Students testing for acceptance into the Marist Math program should exhibit innate and exemplary math abilities. It is our hope that students who participate in the program will qualify for an honors math placement as high school freshmen culminating with successful completion of AP Calculus as high school seniors.
About the program...
· Marist Math is a course suitable for exceptional eighth grade (current seventh graders) math students who are academically prepared for a high school level math course.
· Students accepted into our Marist Math course will attend class daily from 6:55-7:35 a.m. starting Tuesday, September 4, 2018.
· The cost of the course, which includes the textbook, is $300.
· Students who successfully complete the course and attend Marist may be placed in Algebra Honors for their freshman year.
About the exam...
· A qualification exam will be administered on Saturday, March 10, from 9 to 11 a.m. at Marist High School. Enter at the main office.
· Students are to bring No. 2 pencils and a basic calculator or a scientific calculator (no graphing calculators allowed).
· Only current seventh grade students are eligible to take the exam.
Interested students must be pre-registered for the test. Email Mrs. Karen Laurencell or call 773.881.5371.