Marist High School will host its first ever Champagnat Day on Wednesday, April 18. The 24-hour event commemorates the canonization of Marcellin Champagnat, the founder of the Marist Brothers, and celebrates the spirit and tradition of Marist High School. Appropriately, our goal is to inspire 1,800 donors to give $18 or more to the Marist Fund so that we may continue to give students the advantage of an exceptional, faith-based education.
Although the day is designed to encourage giving, its more powerful message lies in the origins and vision of St. Marcellin – to make Jesus Christ known and loved. That message is just as much our guiding principle today as it was in 1817 when St. Marcellin founded the Marist Brothers and opened his first Marist school. It’s why #MaristMatters to our students, faculty, alumni, parents, and friends.
On Champagnat Day, we’ll be asking you to tell the world why #MaristMatters. We’ll be asking our students, faculty and staff at our morning assembly. We’ll be asking our administrators and board members during our afternoon of service. We’ll be asking our alumni and friends at our regional Marist Meetups.
You can help spread St. Marcellin’s message and let others know why #MaristMatters by:
- Remembering to be one of the 1,800 donors to help us reach our donor goal. Every gift, no matter the size, will count toward the 1,800 donor goal.
- Wearing your red and white.
- Taking a picture with family, co-workers, friends or selfie and posting it to social media using #MaristMatters.
- Sharing on social media the many reasons why you love Marist and why #MaristMatters.
- Emailing and texting fellow RedHawks to wish them a Happy Champagnat Day and getting together to reminisce about your time at Marist High School.
- Seeking out opportunities to help others – even small acts of kindness have a big impact.
We are looking forward to bringing the Marist community together for one common cause – to show our love and support for Marist High School. Let’s turn social media red and white on April 18. Let’s prepare our students for higher education and life. And, let’s inspire each other and the world to support St. Marcellin’s vision to make Jesus Christ known and loved.
Please watch your mailbox, inbox and social feeds for Champagnat Day reminders and updates.
Why wait? Donate to Champagnat Day now!
Interested in becoming a Champagnat Day ambassador? Contact Constituent Relations Manager Chrissy Maher at email@example.com or 773-881-5378.