The Explore program helps connect students to research and shadow opportunities, summer jobs and programs, and more. Check out where some of our Marist students will be doing hands-on learning this summer.
College Summer Programs
- Andres Castillo ‘19 earned a full scholarship to attend Summer Seminar at the United States Naval Academy.
- Jalon Jones '19 was accepted to attend a one-week, free pharmacy program at the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
- Elizabeth Lopez '19 was accepted to attend a one-week, free business program at the University of Iowa.
- Nicholas Blanchard '20 and Katelynn Lesmeister ‘19 have applied to study Russian / Chinese at Lewis University. If accepted, s/he will study for free and earn college credit this summer.
- Lina Murphy ‘19 and Rose Enright ‘ 19 will be taking classes with Chicago’s Pulse to earn their Certified Nursing Assistant certification.
- James Kavanaugh '19 is attending a Game Design Academy at DePaul University.
Shadowing, Volunteering, & Internships
- Jacob Mozdzen '18 will be doing paid cancer research at the University of Chicago.
- Sean Giltmier '19 will be completing unpaid biology research position at Lewis University with Dr. Jerry Kavouras ‘90.
- Jack Luzzo '19 will be an intern in finance at Citadel with Gerald Beeson ‘90.
- Andrea Martinez '19 applied to be part of Anti-Cruelty's mentoring program to pursue her interest in veterinary medicine. If accepted, she will participate in this program one Saturday each month during her senior year.
- Eddie Stifter '19 has a paid internship at an engineering firm, Shambaugh & Sons, with Kyle Gansel ‘00.
- Annie Stinites ‘19 is volunteering and shadowing with a Marist alum, Jack Reuter ‘76 at Impact Physical Therapy.
- Elizabeth Lopez '19, Katie Mather '19, Gracie Oswald '19, Caitlin Ryan '19, & Katherine Giltmier '20 will be shadowing and working at a dental office this summer to explore their interest in pursuing a career in dentistry.
- Brianna Brown '20 will be volunteering at Paws and shadowing a veterinarian to pursue her interest in veterinary medicine.
- Multiple sophomore and juniors students applied and were accepted to volunteer at Christ Hospital and Palos Hospital in order to see if a career in medicine is right for them.
- Interested in Physical Therapy? There's a Marist alum, Jack Reuter ‘76 at Impact Physical Therapy (104th & Cicero) who is open to having more Marist students in for observation hours.
- Interested in Dentistry? There's a Marist alum, Dr. Chris Gorski ‘08 at an office in Orland Park who is open to having Marist students shadow with him.
- Freshmen and sophomores can get a head start with the college process at Motivate Me conference on June 2nd at Dominican University.
Want to explore different cultural experiences, colleges, or careers? Were you accepted for a cool opportunity, program, or internship this summer? Let Mrs. McArdle know.