You cannot serve both God and mammon. LUKE 16:13
The Top Five Things I Learned in Church This Weekend…
1. We all enjoy some measure of wealth, and we all suffer some degree of poverty.
2. Wealth is not necessarily a bad thing, but what we do with it might be.
3. Poverty is not necessarily a bad either, but how we ignore it might be.
4. While the word ‘mammon’ means ‘material wealth and riches,’ it has a deeper meaning which is connected to the word ‘confidence.’ Jesus knew the connection. He wants us to know that the danger of too much wealth is that we can become too confident in ourselves and our own abilities, instead of trusting God to take care of us. It's important to point out that no matter how much of it we have, our money still says "In God We Trust."
And the last thing I learned in church this weekend…
5. When I take notes on my cellphone during Mass, people give me dirty looks!
This Monday Minute is from Deacon Andy Neu, currently listening to Give Me Your Eyes by Brandon Heath. Listen in at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5AkNqLuVgY