Marist High School will host a presentation by Smart Social on Thursday, November 30, at 7pm in the main gym to help parents understand the good and the bad about apps teens are using.
Josh Ochs, a social media safety speaker, will share insights on the pros and cons of social media and how it can be used to impress colleges and future employers.
Topics to be covered:
- What apps are unsafe (and others you should encourage your kids to use)
- What apps are a waste of time for your Teens and Tweens
- How to analyze your Google results to see what colleges will find
- How to bury bad Google results from other users with your similar name
- Examples of good and bad posts that colleges may find
- Examples from real seniors that are using social media correctly
- Tips you can suggest to use Google search like a college and future employer
- 7 Networks your kids need to be on to shine online
Please register in advance here.