Marist will hold its third annual pitch night on Wednesday, April 26 at 7pm in the RedHawk Theater. Pitch night is the culmination of coursework by students enrolled in Innovative Design for Entrepreneurial Applications (IDEA).
A preliminary round was held on Wednesday, April 19. Ten teams presented to alumni judges from a variety of industries and were all very impressive. Six teams advanced to the finals. Students will pitch their companies to potential investors at this event. Three ideas will receive funding.
Senior students enrolled in this course have created and fully developed their own product or service. Student teams worked through the process of ideation, market research, and business plan development. They have learned about how to create a product or service that solves a problem, customer input/data usage, competitive considerations, financial modeling, marketing, and operational execution. This is a hands-on course created to allow students to imagine, design, construct, market, and refine their own business ventures.
All are welcome to the event. Refreshments will be served.
- TEAM RISKY BUSINESS with Door to Door Services: an app to match customers with certified professionals
- TEAM ENTREPRE-DOERS with EZ-P: a parking app for high school students
- TEAM WON with Nail Tech
- TEAM WE DO NOTHING BUT BUSINESS with Tee Mark It: golf tee advertising to reach regional markets
- TEAM BACK CORNER INDUSTRIES with Bi-Aqua Spigot
- TEAM BUSINESS AS USUAL with Headphones Plus: glow in the dark wireless headphones
Each team worked with an adult mentor during the year for guidance, insight and feedback.