Be a Champagnat Day Ambassador
By becoming a social media ambassador you can help support our students and faculty in this time of need by spreading the word and engaging others to make an impact. Here's how you can help:
- STEP ONE - SAVE THE DATE: Use your social media accounts to promote Champagnat Day in days leading up to April 22, 2020. Your posts should help build enthusiasm for Champagnat Day and encourage others to save the date.
Show your support for Champagnat Day with a Facebook profile frame! To find a frame, search Still Marist.
- STEP TWO: SPREAD THE WORD: Include the hashtag #StillMarist and #ChampagnatDay and the marist.net/champagnat website in your posts. Use selfies, photos, videos, and other creative materials to get your messages out.
- STEP THREE: ENGAGE OTHERS: Help engage RedHawks around the globe by commenting, sharing, and liking Marist Alumni posts about Champagnat Day. You can also tag and invite friends to join the conversation.
- STEP FOUR: CREATE URGENCY: Stay connected to social media and post frequently throughout the day. Encourage others to participate and spread the word about challenges. Reach out to your fellow RedHawks through text too!
- STEP FIVE: CELEBRATE SUCCESS: Post when Champagnat Day is over to share the results and celebrate our success.
Support Marist Family Restaurants
The statewide closure of bars and restaurants was put in place to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Unfortunately, this means that we cannot host our Champagnat Day socials downtown and in the south suburbs. But, many places are open for pick-up or delivery. We encourage you to support one of the many local businesses owned within the Marist family on April 22 as one way to celebrate Champagnat Day. Click here to view the list of restaurants.
Enjoy Wednesday Night Live
Join us on April 22 at 8 p.m. as we welcome Tom Dignan '93 of Joey Digs & The Dentist to our Facebook Live stage. Grab a drink and a snack and enjoy an hour of music with the Marist community. And, don't forget to tell your friends. Like us on Facebook to see the show!
Take the Selfie Challenge
Champagnat Day on April 22 is the day to snap a selfie to show the world we're still learning, still praying and #StillMarist! For a chance to win great prizes, use #StillMarist and tag us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Winning categories include:
- Best Selfie
- Longest Distance Selfie
- Most People in a Selfie (Zoom)
- Best Selfie with a pet
- Best Selfie by a team or club (Zoom)
- Best Selfie by an alum
- Best Selfie by a teacher
- Best Selfie by a student
- Best Selfie by a family
- Best Selfie by a department (Zoom)
We are looking forward to bringing the Marist community together for one common cause on Champagnat Day – to show our love and support for Marist High School. Let’s turn social media red and white on April 22. Let’s prepare our students for higher education and life. And, let’s inspire each other and the world to support St. Marcellin’s vision to make Jesus Christ known and loved.