IHSA RETURN TO PLAY GUIDELINES MANDATORY PRE-REGISTRATION
SUMMER ACTIVITY FALL TRYOUTS
In early July, the IHSA shared an update on their Phase 4 Return to Play plan which was approved by the Illinois Department of Health (IDPH). The Phase 4 guidelines permit all IHSA member schools to begin use of voluntary summer contact days. Marist will move into this phase of the plan by hosting summer camps for both returning and incoming students from July 13 through August 7. The activity schedule can be found here.
As we begin this phase, we will be following the procedures and protocols shared below.
- Online registration is required in order to participate in any summer IHSA activity at Marist. Registration via 8to18 is open for all sports here.
- If you register for a sport via the link provided, we will be ready for your student at camp this summer and for tryouts during the school year. For help with registering, contact Sue Blisk.
- Coaches will assign registered students to groups of 50 or fewer.
- Students will be screened at the start of practice for temperature >100.4F/38C or symptoms of COVID-19 (fevers, chills, cough, muscle aches, headache, sore throat, runny nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or loss of taste or smell).
- Students must self-monitor for these symptoms prior to arrival at Marist. Any person with symptoms or a positive COVID-19 test, should not participate in practice, competition, or conditioning and should be referred to a physician for evaluation and only return after clearance to do so from a physician.
- Marist employees and students are asked to abide by the Chicago Travel Order which took effect yesterday. Travelers entering or returning to Chicago from states experiencing a surge in new COVID-19 cases will not be allowed to attend camp and need to quarantine for a 14-day period from the time of last contact within the identified state.
- Students must be honest about their health, and stay home if they have any symptoms.
- Locker rooms will not be utilized for summer play.
- Camp fees must be paid via credit card, cash, or check at Marist on the first day of camp. There is no online payment option for camps.
- All summer activity at Marist will be subject to IHSA Stage 4 Return to Play guidelines.
Adhering to these protocols and being honest about your health will ensure that all students continue to play in the coming weeks and months. Some coaches or athletes may choose to continue preparing for their season at home via virtual meetings and personal workouts. Summer activity is never mandatory and participation cannot be held against any coach or student.
Physical exams are required for fall sport participation. The IHSA physical form can be found here. Participating students must have a physical completed in 2020 on file at Marist before attending tryouts on August 10. Families can bring the physical form to any doctor to be completed.
If you are need of a physician, Midwest Orthopaedics will offer sports physicals on July 25 and August 1 at their Orland Park and Oak Lawn locations for $25. Families must book an appointment online in advance.
Please note that physicals for incoming freshmen count as the necessary sports physical.
We look forward to welcoming student-athletes back on the Marist campus. Feel free to email Marist Athletic Director Eric Simpson if you have any questions.