Marist High School is seeking an assistant band director for the 2018-2019 school year. Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Mr. Andrew Creagh by July 9.
Position-High School Assistant Band Director
In accordance with school policies and procedures, the Assistant Band Director will assist in the various activities of the band program as assigned by the Head Band Director.
1) Assist as differing needs arise.
2) Ability to teach and assist with marching band.
3) Ability to teach and assist with concert band.
4) Ability to teach and assist with pep band.
5) Ability to teach and assist with sectionals and after-school rehearsals.
6) Ability to teach and possibly lead the Jazz Band program.
7) Participate in parades, concerts, extra performances, etc.
8) Ability to maintain and direct a large ensemble.
9) Ability to organize and assist with finances.
10) Specific conducting of the concert band as assigned by the Head Band Director.
1. This is a full time position with a competitive salary.
1. Certification –Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education.
2. Other requirements – Must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to Marist High School.