Marist’s Lantern Theatre returns this summer with the production of Godspell June 24-26.
Virtual auditions—open to Marist faculty and staff, alumni, current students, and incoming freshmen—will be accepted through Thursday, May 27 at 9 p.m.
- Prepare 32 bars (roughly 1 minute) of a musical theatre piece of your choosing using a karaoke-style backing track or live accompaniment. Acapella auditions will not be accepted.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Google Drive and email a shared link to Lantern Theatre by the deadline.
- Callbacks will be held Friday, May 28 in-person, once general auditions have been reviewed. Callbacks will be by invitation only and held in RedHawk Theater.
- Auditioners will be notified by 12 p.m. Friday, May 28 if we need to see you again.
- At the callback, we will have you prepare specific scenes and songs from the show. There may be a dance portion of the callback, so bring appropriate shoes and clothing if invited to callbacks.
HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR THE AUDITION?
Try to decide which role(s) you feel you are most suited for and that you would like to have a shot at playing. Meet with a vocal coach if possible at least once or twice before the audition. Have them play through your audition song with you so you feel as comfortable as possible. Most importantly, remain calm and have fun with your audition! We want to see your personality come through in these characters!
For more information, email the Lantern Theatre group.