Dear Marist Basketball Families,
In a recent state-wide survey, the overwhelming majority of high schools throughout the State of Illinois, including the Chicago Public Schools and our Catholic/Private school cohorts, have indicated that they will not start the basketball season next Monday, November 16. As a result, the IHSA has scheduled a Board of Directors meeting on Thursday, November 19 in order to discuss ways to proceed. The IHSA’s most recent statement regarding the status of high school basketball can be found here.
As directed by the IHSA, Marist will continue to host non-contact skill sessions and strength and conditioning activity (Level 1 activity) until we receive new guidance from the IHSA. Coaches communicate their respective schedules with students directly. Marist will postpone basketball tryouts until we are permitted to engage in Level 2 or 3 activity. Basketball participation for serious roster candidates is highly encouraged but not mandatory prior to tryouts.
We will keep you informed of new developments, as we receive updated information from the IHSA.
Marist Athletic Director