It's that time of year again when a lot of young people will be graduating from grammar schools, high schools, and colleges. That means you may find yourself purchasing a lot of graduation cards. And that means that you may be searching for something to write in those cards other than the usual "Congratulations " or "Good luck."
Consider the following Top Ten List of Inspirational Quotes to Share with Young Graduates...
- We cannot do great things, only small things with great love. Mother Theresa
- You get out of life what you have the courage to ask for. Oprah Winfrey
- It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. Albus Dumbledore
- A ship in a harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are made for. John G. Shedd
- Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant. Robert Louis Stevenson
- Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm. Winston Churchill
- You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was. Abraham Lincoln
- Talent is God-given... Be humble. Fame is man-given... Be grateful. Conceit is self-given... Be careful. John Wooden
- Do or do not. There is no try. Yoda
And one of my favorites…
- Behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age. Jesus Christ
So before you sign those cards, take a moment to include a few words of wisdom. And don't forget to write those checks too!
This Monday Minute is from Deacon Andy Neu, currently listening to The Words I Would Say by Sidewalk Prophets. Listen in at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t9u-LOa3OI