Taking the entrance exam is the first step in the admissions process to Marist High School. The entrance exam is held on the first Saturday in December and is currently scheduled on December 5, 2020.
Due to COVID-19, the Archdiocese is in the process of finalizing plans regarding the test. The date, time and format have the potential for change. Marist will post updates online and share them with families and the local community.
All Catholic high schools in the Archdiocese of Chicago will test on this day. It is important for eighth grade students to determine their high school option by the entrance exam date. Students may only take an entrance exam at one Catholic high school.
- Students can register online for the entrance exam beginning November 20th. Registration is encouraged but not required and all eighth grade students are welcome to test with Marist on December 5, 2020.
- Marist High School administers the HSPT Entrance Exam and study guides for this exam may be purchased online or at local bookstores. Be sure the study guide includes the HSPT Entrance Exam.
- The Marist High School exam is designed to be taken without the use of a calculator and the students may not bring a calculator on the day of the test.
- Criteria used for decisions regarding acceptance and placement include results of the HSPT Entrance Exam taken at Marist and 7th and 8th grade grammar school records.
- Letters of acceptance will be mailed on Friday, February 1, 2021 as indicated by the Office of Catholic Schools.
For more information on the Marist Entrance Exam, please contact Mrs. Alex Brown, Director of Admissions, at 773.881.5330.
Marist High School can provide extended time on the entrance exam to students who provide the following documentation:
- Psycho-educational evaluation dated within the last three years
- Eighth grade IEP, 504 Plan or ICEP
Documents are due to Marist by November 30, 2020.
If you have questions contact Mrs. Margie Sweeney at 773.881.5336.
Application for Incoming Freshmen
The second step in the admissions process is the completion of our online application. This application is initially only available to students who test with Marist. Instructions on how to complete our application for the class of 2025 will be issued to students following the entrance exam.