Entrance exam date for current 8th grade students, the Class of 2024, is December 7, 2019.
Students can register online for the entrance exam beginning November 22. Registration is encouraged but not required, and all 8th grade students are welcome to test at Marist on December 7.
Here’s some important information to know about test day:
- Students should arrive at Marist at 8:00 a.m. and enter the building through the main gym entrance. Students will be dismissed from this location at approximately 12:15 p.m.
- On the day of the exam students should bring several No. 2 pencils and the $25 exam fee. Cash or a check made payable to Marist High School are the accepted forms of payment.
- Marist High School administers the HSPT Entrance Exam and study guides for this exam may be purchased at local bookstores. Be sure the study guide includes the HSPT Entrance Exam.
- The Marist High School exam is designed to be taken without the use of a calculator and the students may not bring a calculator on the day of the test.
- Criteria used for decisions regarding acceptance and placement include results of the HSPT Entrance Exam taken at Marist and 7th and 8th grade grammar school records.
- Letters of acceptance will be mailed on Friday, February 1, 2020 as required by the Office of Catholic Schools.
If a prospective student is requesting extended time for the Marist Entrance Exam, parents must submit appropriate documentation by Tuesday, November 26. A current psycho-educational evaluation and the student's eighth grade IEP, 504 Plan or ICEP is required to be eligible. If you have any questions, contact Mrs. Margie Sweeney at 773.881.5336.
For more information on the Marist Entrance Exam, please contact Mrs. Alex Brown, Director of Admissions, at 773.881.5330.