Taking the entrance exam is the first step in the admissions process to Marist High School. The entrance exam is held on the first Saturday in December and is scheduled on December 5, 2020.
All Catholic high schools in the Archdiocese of Chicago will test on this day. It is important for eighth grade students to determine their high school option by December 1, 2020 Students may only take an entrance exam at one Catholic high school.
Marist is currently offering the option to test on-campus or online on December 5.
Pre-registration IS REQUIRED and runs November 13 until noon December 1. When registering, students will choose the on-campus or the online option. Register here.
- Marist High School administers the HSPT Entrance Exam and study guides for this exam may be purchased online or at local bookstores. Be sure the study guide includes the HSPT Entrance Exam.
- The Marist High School exam is designed to be taken without the use of a calculator and the students may not bring a calculator on the day of the test.
- Criteria used for decisions regarding acceptance and placement include results of the HSPT Entrance Exam taken at Marist and 7th and 8th grade grammar school records.
- Letters of acceptance will be mailed on Friday, February 1, 2021 as indicated by the Office of Catholic Schools.
For more information on the Marist Entrance Exam, please contact Mrs. Alex Brown, Director of Admissions, at 773.881.5330.
Marist High School can provide extended time on the entrance exam to students who provide the following documentation:
- Psycho-educational evaluation dated within the last three years
- Eighth grade IEP, 504 Plan or ICEP
Documents are due to Marist by November 30, 2020.
If you have questions contact Mrs. Margie Sweeney at 773.881.5336.
Application for Incoming Freshmen
The second step in the admissions process is the completion of our online application. This application is initially only available to students who test with Marist. Instructions on how to complete our application for the class of 2025 will be issued to students following the entrance exam.