Marist Counseling Vision
The vision of the Marist High School Counseling Department is dedicated to ensuring excellence in the areas of academic success, social emotional growth and college/career readiness to inspire and develop lifelong learners who are resilient and respectful citizens thriving in a diverse and rapidly changing world.
Marist Counseling Mission
Rooted in our Marist faith and identity, the Marist Counseling Department is committed to providing a developmental, comprehensive counseling program for all students. Our program works collaboratively with each academic program within the school in an effort to ensure academic success, college/career readiness and social-emotional growth. We will do this by incorporating the Marks of a Marist Student - encouraging servant leadership, creating empowered witnesses, and developing agents of justice and service while making Jesus Christ known and loved in all that we do.
The School Counselors at Marist High School believe:
- All students have dignity and worth.
- All students have the right to participate in the school counseling program.
- Each student has the right to counseling services without prejudice as to person, character, belief, or practice, regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, race, sexual orientation or socio-economic status.
- Each student has the right of choice and the responsibility for goals reached.
- Each student has the right to privacy and thereby the right to expect the counselor-student relationship to comply with all laws, policies and ethical standards pertaining to confidentiality.