The Marist Math Team competed in the first Catholic Math League South (CMLS) competition of the year this past Saturday, October 21st. Marist had an impressive showing in all 9 phases of competition.
Finishing 1st were: the Algebra 1 team, the Geometry team, the Algebra 2 team, and the Pre-Calculus team. Also taking the top spot were: the Frosh/Soph 8-person team and the Frosh/Soph 2-person team. The Jr./Sr. 8-person team, the Jr./Sr. 2-person team, and Calculator team captured 2nd.
Top individual winners were:
- Olivia Winstead ’27 (Most Holy Redeemer)
- Liliana Kolar ’27 (St. Gerald)
- Ryan Deskovich ’26 (St. Christina)
- Hailey Dostal ’26 (Mount Greenwood School)
- Philip Haddad ’25 (Jerling Junior High)
- Celia Lindokken ’25 (Central Middle School)
- Jack Schultz ’25 (St. Cajetan)
- Qasim Shirazi ’25 (Palos South Middle School)
- Andy Viz ’24 (SS Cyril & Methodius School)
- Timothy Malloy ’24 (St. John Fisher)
Results from the November 18th Math Team Contest at Br. Rice
The Marist Math Team competed on Saturday, 11/18/23, in the second Catholic Math League Contest of the year. The Contest was held at Br. Rice.
Our Marist students did well.
Of the 10 competitions of the day, Marist took first place in 8 of the 10:
- Algebra I Written
- Geometry Written
- Algebra II Written,
- PreCalculus Written
- Frosh/Soph 8 person
- Junior/Senior 8 person
- Two-Person Oral Presentation given by Mary Kate Bartolotta and Alan Treto.
Marist individuals who were 1st place in their respective tests were:
- Freshmen, Olivia Winstead, Liliana Kolar, Renzo Talusan, and Audrey
- Sophomore: Ryan Deskovich
- Junior: Celia Lindokken
Congratulations to all on a great season so far! The next competition for the team is January 20th at Montini High School.