All Catholic high schools in the Archdiocese of Chicago gave the High School Placement Test (HSPT) on Saturday, December 2, 2023. Marist High School will be hosting a make-up exam on Saturday, December 9, 2023. Please note, students may only take an entrance exam at one Catholic high school.
If your student did not take the HSPT at another Catholic school on December 2nd, and you would like to schedule them to take the make-up exam on Tuesday, December 20th please email Kelsey Callahan '12
or call 773.881.5330.
High School Placement Test (HSPT) Information
- Study guides for this exam may be found online or at local bookstores. Be sure the study guide includes the HSPT entrance exam.
- This exam is designed to be taken without the use of a calculator. Students may not bring a calculator on the day of the test.
- The results of the HSPT as well as 7th and 8th grade grammar school records are criteria used for decisions regarding acceptance and placement.
For more information on the Marist entrance exam, please contact Ms. Kelsey Callahan '12, Director of Admissions, at 773.881.5300.
Marist High School can provide extended time on the entrance exam to students who provide documentation as well as the Request for Accommodation Form. Documentation, as well as the Request for Accommodation Form should be included in the email when looking to register for the test.
If you have any questions regarding testing accommodations, please contact Mrs. Margie Sweeney at 773.881.5336.
Application for Incoming Freshmen
The second step in the admission process is the completion of our online application. This application is initially only available to students who test at Marist High School. Instructions on how to complete our application for the Class of 202 will be issued to students on the day of the entrance exam.
Entrance Exam Timeline
- November 11, 2023 - Pre-Registration for entrance exam opens
- November 17, 2023 - Testing Accommodations request due (if applicable)
- December 2, 2023 - Testing Date
- December 12, 2023 - Application for admission due
- February 1, 2024 - Admission Decision Student Letter of notification
For the remaining timeline, including Financial Aid, please refer to the ‘Incoming Freshmen’ tab on the left side.
If your student did not take the HSPT at another Catholic school on December 2nd, and you would like to schedule them to take the make-up exam on Saturday, December 9th please email Callahan.Kelsey@marist.net or call 773.881.5330.