Marist Math is a program that is offered to eighth graders each fall. The program intends to provide gifted math students the enduring skills necessary for accelerated placement into the Algebra Honors course when students begin as freshmen at Marist. Marist High School has a long tradition of providing a rigorous curriculum to students of the Southwest Side, combined with a dynamic student-teacher rapport. Our math program is reflective of that tradition, and we are happy to share part of that experience with eighth graders from the community.
Here are some important facts about the program:
- Marist Math is a course suitable for exceptional math students during their eighth-grade year who are academically prepared for a high school level math course.
- Students accepted into Marist Math will attend class daily from 6:55-7:40 a.m. starting Tuesday, September 5, 2023.
- The cost of the course, which includes the textbook, is $350 (non-refundable).
- Students who successfully complete the course and attend Marist may be placed in Algebra Honors for their freshman year.
Some of our Math Department highlights include:
- Marist offers four levels of math courses.
- Marist offers 20 different math courses, including three Advanced Placement classes.
- Marist’s Math Team is regularly a top contender at the State level. In 2017, the team finished fifth in state and was the top Catholic school in Illinois.
Marist Math Registration Information:
Students who were accepted into the Marist Math 2023-24 program can be registered via the form below. We ask that payment for the course and accompanying documents be returned to Marist by May 22, 2023.
Please register below.